Three Delaware Homes Damaged by Fire, One in Each County – First State Update

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating three separate fires that occurred Thursday and Friday.

State Deputy Chief Fire Marshal Robert Fox said investigators are investigating a mobile home fire that occurred this morning in Minquadale.

The Minquadale Fire Company Fire Company has been alerted to a fire in the 4th Street Unit Block in the Minquadale Trailer Park. Upon arrival, they found intense fires and smoke coming from the residence. Several fire departments were called for help.

Fox said deputies from the state fire marshal’s office responded to the scene to conduct an investigation.

No injuries were reported and the residence is a total loss, Fox added. He estimated the damage at around $150,000.

Chief Deputy Scott Bullock is investigating two other fires which occurred yesterday in Kent County and Sussex County.

Bullock said investigators are investigating a house fire that happened yesterday, January 6, 2022, in Frederica, Kent County. The fire was reported at 12:50 p.m., by the occupants of the house, in the 500 block of Otter Way, in the Otter Run development. The Frederica Volunteer Fire Company along with several nearby Mutual Aid Fire Departments responded to the call and arrived with heavy fire and smoke involving the 2 story home. The fire was brought under control around 2:00 p.m. without causing any injuries.

Assistant State Fire Commissioners responded to the scene to investigate the cause of the fire and determined that the fire originated in the attached garage, but the cause of the fire is still being discussed. of an investigation, Bullock said.

Later Thursday, investigators opened an investigation into a house fire in Greenwood, Sussex County. Bullock said the fire, in the 1100 block of Deep Grass Lane, was accidental.

At 9:21 p.m., the Houston Volunteer Fire Company answered the call and arrived with a detached shed fully involved in the fire, which spread to the dwelling. Other nearby fire companies also stepped in to help.

The fire was brought under control shortly before 10:30 p.m. Bullock said the fire started in a nearby shed and spread to the residence. The cause of the fire was determined to be a failure of an operating electric heat lamp inside the hangar. Damage is estimated at $5,000 and no injuries were reported.

The Red Cross comes to the aid of the occupants of the houses damaged by the fire.

Comments are closed.